- How many embryos to transfer?
The important facts to keep in mind are:
- Up to and including the age of 40, the chance of twins with two embryos back is around 25-30%
- Between the ages of 41 and 44, the chance of twins with two embryos is around 10-15%
- Even with one embryo back, 2% of pregnancies are identical twins, and even identical triplets have been reported
- With modern embryo freezing methods, 90-95% of embryos survive freezing and thawing. When the embryo survives freezing and thawing, its chance of pregnancy is very similar to that of a fresh embryo.