What else should I ask?
Scientific evidence and oversight:
- What is the scientific evidence that this new procedure could work for my disease or condition? Where is this published?
- Have there been (earlier) clinical trials? What was learned from these trials?
- Is there any independent oversight of the treatment plan, for example, an Institutional Review Board? Can you provide me several names of scientists and clinicians who can give me independent advice?
- Is there any independent oversight or accreditation of the clinic where the treatment will be done and the facility where the cells are processed?
- Is there approval from a national or regional regulatory agency, such as US Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency, for this treatment of this specific disease?