Question that often arise with teenagers who have had kidney transplants include the following:
- What if I don’t want to have sex and my partner is pushing me? How can I say NO?
- What is safe sex?
- Can I get pregnant?
- Can I father a child?
- Will the medications I take affect my baby?
- Will the disease that affected my kidney be passed on to my children?
- Will I lose my transplanted kidney if I get pregnant?
- What about sexually transmitted disease? Do they mean the same for me as others?
- I know safe sex is important, but my partner doesn’t agree. What should I do?