Anti-rejection medication side effect
Anti-rejection medications have a number of possible side effects. This side effects are usually able to managed by changing the dose of your medications.
Some of the most common side effects include:
- Increased risk of infections
- Puffiness of your face and stomach
- Unwanted hair growth or hair loss
- Increased appetite and weigh gain
- Mood swings
- Increased risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and cancer (particularly skin cancer)
- Muscle weakness and shakiness in your hands
- Stomach problems such as indigestion and diarrhoea
If you become worried about any possible side effects, you should discuss them with your health care team.
If you need treatment from other health proffesionals (such as a dentist), let them know that you have had a kidney transplant.