Catheter for temporary access

HD vascular access 2


If your kidney disease has progressed quickly, or you have not had a vascular access placed before you need dialysis, you may need a venous catheter-a small, soft tube inserted into a vein in your neck, chest or leg near the groin-as a temporary access. A nephrologist or an interventional radiologist- a doctor who uses medical imaging equipment to perform surgery-places the venous catheter while you are in a hospital or at an outpatient clinic. You will receive local anasthesia and medicine to keep you calm and relaxed during the procedure.


About azaleaazelia

A nice person... :)
This entry was posted in Tak Berkategori. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s